Shrink4Men encourages open discussion amongst its community, readership and visitors. However, there are certain kinds of comments that won’t be published or will be removed.
1. You must register to leave a comment. Email addresses are required for commenting. They’re not published on the blog nor shared. They may be used by Shrink4Men to privately contact the commenter.
2. Keep it civil. Differences of opinion can lead to helpful exchanges of information, but keep it respectful. Please refrain from personal attacks, flaming, name calling and other forms of verbal aggression. You may question or argue the content, but not attack contributors nor other commenters. Failure to respect fellow commenters and contributors on this blog could result in removal and blocked access. Shrink4Men reserves the right to delete or hold questionable comments in moderation that cross the line or appear to be intended to inflame, shame or otherwise disrupt the purpose of the blog.
3. No identifying information. Please refrain from using your actual name, your children’s names, your wife’s/girlfriend’s/ex’s/sister’s-in-law/daughter’s-in-law/judge’s/court evaluator’s/husband’s/boyfriend’s actual names, places of work, telephone number, home address, etc. Comments will be deleted that contain identifying information. This is for your protection. Also, it’s often the action of someone who’s conducting an online smear campaign.
4. ALL CAPS. It’s the digital equivalent of shouting and, it has to be said, makes the individual writing in all caps come across as a bit deranged.
5. No sockpuppeting. Sockpuppeting is “the act of creating a fake online identity to praise, defend or create the illusion of support for one’s self, allies or company.” One identity per user, please.
6. Excessive profanity. This website is for adults. Occasional profanity to make a point or if you’re directly quoting another person may be necessary, but please try to choose your words judiciously.
7. No woman bashing. No man bashing. Abusers come in both sexes. It is neither a man nor a woman problem; it’s a problem for everyone. Men are at a disadvantage because our society still doesn’t believe that women can be the abusive partner; however, attacking women as an entire gender will not advance the cause.
8. No comment spam. Any comment assumed to be possible comment spam will be deleted and marked as comment spam.
9. What it means if your comment doesn’t appear after you submit it. All first time comments are held in moderation for approval. If it doesn’t appear right away it probably means the moderator hasn’t reviewed it yet. Once it’s been approved, subsequent comments will appear right away as long as you’re logged in. Alternatively, if your previous comments have been approved and a more recent comment disappears, it has probably been removed for violating the Comments Policy.
10. Limit links. Shrink4Men automatically holds any comment with more than one link in moderation, which may delay your comment from appearing on this blog. Any blog comment with more than two links could be marked as comment spam.
11. No thread hijacking or tangenting. A comment which does not add to the conversation, runs off on an inappropriate tangent or kills the conversation may be edited, moved or deleted.
12. Blocked commenters. Anyone who violates this Comments Policy may be blocked from future access and/or commenting on Shrink4Men.
13. Trackbacks are comments. All trackbacks will be treated inline with our Comments Policy.
14. All rights reserved. Shrink4Men reserves the right to edit, delete, move or mark as spam any and all comments. Shrink4Men also has the right to block access to any one or group from commenting or from the Shrink4Men site.
15. Hold harmless. All comments within Shrink4Men are the responsibility of the commenter, not the website owner, administrator, contributor, editor or author. By submitting a comment on Shrink4Men, you agree that the comment content is your own and to hold this site, Shrink4Men, and all subsidiaries and representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages or liability.