Dr Tara J. Palmatier on AVfM Radio Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 9pm EST: False Allegations or “Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them”
I’ll be appearing on AVfM Radio this Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 9pm Eastern. The call-in number is +1 310 388-9709 or you can Skype in directly to the show.
This will be my last appearance on AVfM Radio for at least the next several months. On Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 9pm Eastern, the first episode of Shrink4Men Radio will air on BlogTalkRadio using the AVfM platform. If the Shrink4Men program grows over time, I’ll eventually transition to its own platform.
At this time, it’s unclear if the show will be every week or every other week. I’m currently working out the format. If anyone has suggestions, please post them below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. The success of the program will largely depend upon audience participation, so we’ll see how it goes.
The subject of the August 23rd program on AVfM will be:
- Women who make false allegations in order to gain the upper hand in divorce and custody cases.
- Women who encourage their children to make false allegations to gain the upper hand in divorce and custody cases.
- Women who make false allegations to punish their partners for ending their respective relationships.
- Women who threaten to make false allegations to intimidate and control their partners and exes.
- Women who make false allegation in order to cover up their own abusive behavior (DARVO).
- Women who deliberately stage an “attack scene” in order to make false allegations to punish ot gain the upper hand. (For example, Wife wants to divorce Husband and shut him out of the house. Wife backs Husband into a corner and gets in his face. In an effort to get away from her, Husband pushes her out of the way and Wife calls police and claims domestic violence.)
- Women who make false allegations against their exes new partners in order to block access to the children.
- Women who make false allegations against their step-children to try to create a wedge between their husbands and children from previous relationships.
In other words, the upcoming episode will be about “lies and the lying liars who tell them” (— Senator Al Franken — politics be damned — that’s a great turn of phrase).
There are bad people in the world. Statistically speaking, odds are that half the bad people are women and the other half are men. Some men absolutely deserve to have the cops called on them and so do some women. If you’re not violent, abusive nor a sexual predator, then you don’t fall into this category.
If your partner, ex, child or step-child threatens to call the police and make false allegations of abuse against you, she or he is attempting to rob you of your freedom and to destroy your reputation, career and other relationships. Perhaps the accuser hasn’t thought through the long-term consequences of her actions. Perhaps it’s an impulsive show of power. Ultimately, who cares what her or his motivations are. False allegations of abuse are abuse.
If you’ve been the victim of false allegations, please tune in and call in with your stories. If you were falsely accused, fought back and were able to prove that your accuser was lying, please call in and share how you foiled your liar.
Shrink4Men Coaching and Consulting Services:
Dr Tara J. Palmatier provides confidential, fee-for-service, consultation/coaching services to help both men and women work through their relationship issues via telephone and/or Skype chat. Her practice combines practical advice, support, reality testing and goal-oriented outcomes. Please visit the Shrink4Men Services page for professional inquiries.